Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Looking up into heaven.








Today I will start writing about all the wonderful notes and pieces of good advice received over the many years. I don't want those precious moments and good comments to be forgotten. This sweet note was written to a dear daughter of mine, and this is what it said:



Dear one:


I just wanted to write a short note expressing my love for you. Your questions Sunday signaled to me that you have a heavy and aching heart. Your thoughts seemed worried. I want you know how much the Lord and our Savior love you and are aware of you. I don't know the specifics of your trials your are facing but please know that many are praying for you that you will have strength and understanding. Sometimes the people that we need the most do things that hurt us and confuse us. Please know that the savior knows every emotion that you are experiencing and that he truly understands how to succor and comfort you. Often during challenging times Satan puts fear, anxiety, and confusion in our hearts such as "there isn't any hope", "no one can be guided in their lives", " there is no such thing as truth anymore." please know that your life can be solid and true and that you can be led to progress in your life. Dear one, you are such a force for good. Many people love you and look up to the example that you are. May the Lord's fondest blessings be in force in your life at this time. love, Deb.

 I never had asked my daughter what questions she had because this was after all her own personal note but I can only imagine the anguish she must have been feeling with our divorce. I am a full -grown woman and even I can't understand the why of her father leaving us but I do know somehow we are going to become better people because of this.

I am constantly finding scattered notes here and there that fit the things I want to write to my children of people who are able to come up with ideas and can express them better than I can. What a sweet woman who took the time to write this nice note to my daughter. I hope someday I can be this kind to someone who needs words of comfort. 

No comments: