Thursday, July 27, 2017

Time is up!

My dad used to have a saying "Se acabo el jabon" translated from Spanish to English that would say "the soap is gone" in other words we have run out of time.

If there were some things that didn't get done while we were on our home leave they would have to wait for next time. Our home leave was from July 3 to July 26. We took our flight on July 3 getting there the same day so we could be there for the 4th of July celebration and stay through the 24th of July, Pioneer day as well leaving one day to catch up and return home on the 26th. I think next time I would go on July 2nd because we needed that extra day to catch up to really enjoy the fireworks on July 4th. I was so tired that night that I went to bed at 8:00 pm when it was still daylight.

We had a to do list that was almost all done except for a few items that could always wait.
Here are a few things we didn't have time to do:
Take Book to a friend
Pay our bills
Finish our taxes
Prepare a primary lesson
Invite a friend to have lunch (pupusas)
Get the training for Pathway
Write a letter to a friend who is retiring
Look into available units at City Creek
Etc. However, most things on the list got done!

While we were out, we became nomads staying at the homes of our sons, brother and daughter in Farmington with Andres family, in Miami with Alejandro's family, in Rocha with Roberto,'s family, in Denver with Pablo's family and in Salt Lake with Bianca and family. It was good because we got to know our grandchildren so much better this way. They got too know us a little better. I love our family! What a blessing it is for us to have 37 members of the finest humans on this planet that we call ours. All of our children and grandchildren are exceptional. We feel so blessed for each and everyone of them.

Now we are back home and it is time to unpack and continue our journey in Manila getting ready for a special visit from two General Authorities.  This is the time the whole office is very busy with every detail of the visit. Daniel is ultimately the person in charge responsible that it all goes well. I anticipate Daniel to be very busy for the next six weeks and I will be busy too helping with the Pathway program. I still need to get the training for that and as much as I loved being away on vacation I missed having a place to call my own. I missed my own bed and bathroom. It is nice to have a place to finally call home!

Con amor,
Vero




No comments: