Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Writing activity

When I was visiting Bianca we went to see Sally, a family friend who is also a writer  and teaches writing. She asked us to write something starting with I and this is what I wrote:

I stand between two worlds. Two continents and Societies. I move back and forth from one end of the world to another just to see my babies and grand babies because I am a mother first and foremost.

I have seen, touched, heard and felt every emotion in the book from true joy to heart wrenching despair but somehow my joys were the only ones that matter.

I am a middle age woman who has experienced most anything and find joy when I am surrounded by family.

I live far away but somehow I have managed to get away to come home even when that may take up to two days.

I think of my grown children, and my heart aches because I fear for the precarious time we are living today.

I long for those days when you din't have to worry about so much devastation around the world and so much unhappiness, but today it feels good to be back with my love ones.

I will soon return to my other home,  a home that no longer is because that nest is now empty.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: