Monday, November 8, 2021

Protesters in Argentina

It was so fun to see all the Halloween photos of the kiddos. Halloween is the one time for acting silly and is such a magical time for kids. This is also the time of the year when you start to put all the Summer clothes away and get out the sweaters and jackets. Get the furnace turned on and drink some hot cocoa or apple cider, or sit by the fire, with the time change we are an hour later than before. 

 

The month of November starts with Dia de los muertos and for us, since we were kids, this was the time we placed flowers on our ancestors and thought about them. It would be nice to start a tradition to attend the temple too. I wrote in my journal these questions: What is something I have learned in the temple that motivates me to go? When have I experienced my heart turning to my ancestors? What blessings have I seen in my life because of temple and family history work? Other than a pandemic, what holds me back from attending the temple more often? How have I prioritize time to go? I sure miss going to the temple. 

 

Here in Argentina, today, even with all the rain that has been pouring, we woke up to a large anti-government Nationwide demonstration to oppose the Fernandez administration. Many streets have been blocked but we are safe and sound inside our apartment just watching the news. The elections are scheduled for next Sunday. Vale came and left right in the nick of time. Lucky! 

 

We are leaving Buenos Aires in exactly 10 days and we can’t wait! We arrive on the 19th and feel so grateful to be able to spend a Thanksgiving Holiday in Utah. Daniel has been working around the clock as usual and I think is about time for him to take a few days off, even though it's usually not a vacation for us. Daniel will probably continue to work but at least we get to see family.


Con amor,

Vero 

No comments: