Monday, April 1, 2019

Hello April

Vale is coming to the Philippines tomorrow and that is not an April fool’s day joke, she is on her way on a work assignment so we are super excited and can’t wait! I can’t hardly believe it is already April 1st! And my silly side of me wanted to announce an April fool’s day joke but I don’t want to confuse anyone. We have not received our new assignment yet. We are still enjoying our time very much here in the Philippines. Case in point, last weekend we visited the famous Rice Terraces. 

The Rice Terraces are in the remote areas of the Philippines Cordillera Mountain range on the northern island of Luzon. The brother who took us there and who is also a native of the area told us that the terraces illustrates persistence of cultural traditions virtually unchanged by using the very same agricultural techniques from centuries ago. What a remarkable continuity and endurance! And that community of farmers made me reflect on all the traditions that are passed on from previous generations that will continue to pass on to the next generations.

I hope that all of us realize how important our family is to each other and that also includes our departed ancestors. A family tradition could be spending more  time searching for information about our ancestors on the internet. You can do that in the comfort of your own home. As a family, we encourage all to take those names to the temple to do their temple work and with those family members still around, take a lot of pictures and have them tell you their story and get it recorded. 

Next Monday both Vale and I will be returning to the U.S. We won't be on the same flights because we are going on different destinations and airlines. She will be returning home to Utah and I will be waiting our 21st grand baby with Cristi and her family in Idaho.Yay! My Monday letters will take a break until I get back from my trip. 

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: