Wednesday, October 30, 2019

I love to dress up


They say that oposites attract. Daniel and I could not be more different when it comes to dressing up for Halloween, carnival or a mascaraed party. He can’t do it because it’s not him. It’s not part of his DNA so you would never find Daniel caught dead wearing a costume. 

I, on the other hand, love dressing up. I am a huge fan of Halloween parties. I love the idea of having one day when we all get to put on a costume and pretend to be something or someone else – it’s an escape from our everyday routine lives when we can get creative and transform ourselves into a totally different being.  So let your hair down – put on your party persona and go get yourself a costume to wear for Halloween.

I like it when adults wear a fun costume, it sets the example for the kids that growing up doesn’t mean you have to grow boring or stuffy! It also helps our kids feel more confident that they can dress up and be silly and enjoy themselves too. It also shows kids that using their imagination is a good thing!

It’s exciting to take on a new persona for a day. And who doesn’t want to be a powerful superhero or a character from Star Wars or a Disney Princess for a day?! I like being a cat. 
Wearing costumes is also a way to let people get to know you a little better by allowing them to see another side of you. There have been times when someone I thought was shy put on the most hilarious costume and it totally let me see another side to their personality that I might otherwise never have gotten to know.

Wearing costumes also creates memories. When I think back at past Halloweens I always remember them by the fun costumes I wore and others wore. You never forget the good or the bad costumes from the past.

Wearing costumes is a chance to get creative. It is so much fun to see the creative ideas people come up with for their costumes each year. And there are always those especially creative people that find a way to tie in the current events going on in the world to make their costumes even more relevant and fun to talk about. I love seeing people’s creativity come out. And keep in mind that often the best costumes are the ones that didn’t cost a lot of money – it’s all about the creativity, not the amount of money spent.

Wearing costumes is just plain fun It lets us be something or someone else for a day and it gives us an escape where we can set aside any insecurity we might be holding onto and be whoever we want to be for a little while. It is straight up awesome! By some miracle, I got Daniel to wear an indigenous outfit for a photo and that was it. He wore it for maybe two minutes. 

Happy Halloween everyone!

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: