Sunday, November 17, 2019

Do your best and leave God the rest


Today, I got back from visiting Cristi and family in Idaho and each time I come home I feel that there is never enough time to do it all but the good thing is that we try. You must remember that in life all you can do is your best. Put your heart out there. Lay it all on the line. And once you have done that there is absolutely nothing that worrying about will do for you. You do your best and you let the rest come as it may with your head held high and your hopes for great things to come. It does not help to worry about the things left undone. 

Don’t waste one minute of your life immersed in worries or sadness for things that you cannot change either. Focus on the positive. Focus on what you can control and let go of the things that you cannot control. Trust God, or trust whatever higher power you believe in. Life may not go the exact way you think it should, but trust that things are happening for your own best good so long as you are doing your very best in all you do.

I need to remember that it’s okay to get on my knees and ask God for help. I sometimes I get caught up in the “I am capable therefore I should be able to cope with this myself,” and in doing so I forget to use the best resource for help that I could ever get – prayer!  I need to be willing to ask for His help a little more in my life and I need to stop thinking I must do it all myself.  As a parent, I love it when my kids ask me to help them – it makes me feel like I am important to them when they want my help.  So, I suppose it would stand to reason that God, who is our father, would feel good when we come to him and ask for help; So sure, I am going to work on doing that a little more.  And then I am going to do my best to do my part and then trust the rest to him.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: