Sunday, April 4, 2021

General Conference for Spring 2021

Every six months there is a General Conference put on by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in which there are six hours of inspirational talks on a first Saturday in April and October and four hours the next day on Sunday that are broadcast worldwide for anyone who wants to listen.  

 

These two weekends each year are my very favorite weekends of the entire year because they give my mind a massive inflow of positive inspiration on topics from Overcoming Trials, Kindness, Charity, Being Grateful, Valuing Family, putting our Priorities in Order, and a ton of other amazing topics that don’t just apply to people of one religion- they are topics that are helpful to anyone trying to fill up hearts with positive motivation and inspiration.  

 

Daniel and I always listen to the entire ten -hour block and then I go on line to listen to them again and again throughout the six months until the next conference is held.  I love having them playing as I get ready in the morning because they always put my head in the right frame of mind to start my day off right.  They keep my tank full. I also get a journal where I write my impressions on the things that speak to me personally.

 

You can watch individual talks, listen to them, or download them.  In a day or two you will be able to also download the printed text from the talks as well. Here are some quotes of some of our dear friends we had the privileged of knowing either because they were our neighbors or worked alongside with them. 

 

The gift of repentance is an expression of God’s kindness toward His children and is a demonstration of His incomparable power to help us overcome the sins we commit. “As we put our trust in Jesus Christ and His supernal atoning sacrifice, enduring in our faith to the end, we will enjoy the promises of our beloved Heavenly Father, who does everything within His power to help us return to His presence one day.” Elder Ulisses Soares 

 

 

“Oh this Holy Easter weekend, I find abiding peace in knowing that the Lord is my shepherd (Psalms 23:1) and that each of us is known by Him and under His kind watch care. When we confront life’s wind and Rainstorms, sickness and injuries, the Lord our shepherd, our caregiver will nourish us with love and kindness. He will heal our hears and restore our souls.” If you're not sure how to respond to a challenging situation, respond with kindness. Show kindness today and every day. Kindness is a fundamental healing process. As you extend yourself with kindness, care and compassion, even digitally, I promise that you will lift up arms that hand down and will heal hearts. Elder Gary Stevenson 

 

“Knowing the Savior is the most important pursuit of our lives. It should take priority over anything else. “Elder Michael Teh

 

“Sometimes God manifests His love by chastening us. It is a way of reminding us that He loes us, and are, His promised blessing of peace is open to all those who courageously walk the covenant path and are willing to receive correction. Elder Taniela B. Wakolo

 

“I feel eternally grateful that from my young age, the law of the Lord started to be engraved deeply in my heart through sacred ordinances in His holy house. How fundamental it is to know that he is our God, that we are His people, and that whatever circumstances surround us, if we are faithful and obey the covenants we have entered into , we can be encircled about eternally in the arms of His love. “ Alan Walker 

 

I specially love it when the April conference fall on Easter weekend! Hope you all had a fabulous Easter week!

 

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: