Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Our assignment will continue

So we had the meeting with Bishop Causee where we learned that we are staying one more year in Argentina. I need to figure out a way to enjoy my time here. This would have been an incredible place if it was not for the pandemic and their politics. I will take time this next year to enjoy my home and be present! 

 

Today I came across this AWESOME quote:

If you are depressed you are living in the past.

If you are anxious you are living in the future.

If you are at peace you are living in the present.

 

And I realized that is SO TRUE!  When I think about the future I start getting anxious about it because I know the stress it will hold to catch back up after the trip.  But when I stay in the present I find myself super happy and excited and grateful to be taking this special time with my family and I feel totally at peace.

 

What I don’t want to do is start letting my anxiety about the future start to take up the beauty of the time I should be enjoying.  And without question if I allow myself to start worrying about the mountain of catching up that is exactly what will happen…it will suck the joy right out of my vacation.

 

And so I am committing myself to let the future go for right now and just stay focused on the present and trying to enjoy it to the fullest.  However, I will admit that doing that takes a serious commitment and effort because the natural part of most of us tends to constantly worry about the future or dwell on sadness from the past and we don’t naturally enjoy the present moment.  The number of depressed and stressed out people in the world today attests to that fact.  So it sounds like all of us could use a little more of focusing on the present and enjoying it more.

 

 “Learning to live in the moment, to be present in the now, means paying attention to everything you do as if you’ve never done it before.” – Eve Adamson, PhD

 

 My goal for the rest of this assignment is not to let yesterday or tomorrow take away from my today.  I am going to try and live in the present and enjoy every beautiful second of it. Hope you’ll all do the same.

 

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: