Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Girl power

Women in our family are very special to me Starting with Antonia my great-grandmother who had Hilda my grandmother who had Gloria my mother who had me Veronica who had Bianca who had Ruby. Wonderful! 

I hope all my granddaughters would know those very amazing women I knew as a child and as a young woman and young mother. I am so happy to be a woman. Being a woman is the best thing ever! We bring so much to this world.  The women in my family are the type that you give ten minutes in a room with someone they don't know and they will get to know every detail of your life, because we are latin ladies and latin women care about a person. 

The women in our family have certain traits inherited from our grandmother Hilda. she was confident but not cocky, she was intelligent but it didn't get to her head and she had integrity. She was a business woman all her life and supported her family, seven children all by herself. She was unstoppable! I remember how she used to love to travel the world. She had a good business, was able to purchase a home on her own, was a member of a nice beach club in El Salvador, Salinitas and even purchased eight spaces in parque del recuerdo where many destitute people who didn't have a place to get buried, were buried. No help from anyone. She never took any handouts and for that I am so proud of her.  

From the time you are born a girl, you learn to know how to get what you want. Have you ever watched how a little girl wraps her daddy around her finger? And no one showed her how to do it, it came naturally from birth. And have you ever watch a teenage girl ask for something? She was born to be a negotiator in ways that are mind boggling. 

Being born a girl is a great advantage. I love the fact that there is one more strong girl born to this family. Our precious Ruby May Merkley. Keep strong baby Ruby, you were born into a family of very strong women. 

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: