Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Packing away!

I can't wait to see my family again. All I do is look at Facebook everyday to see what they have posted. I can't get enough of those cute grandkids but as I was packing I was thinking of Lynette Bowen and Elder Bowen. They are in Idaho with their family because one of their precious granddaughter had passed away. It was apparently an accident.

When a child dies it is extra hard because it is not the way it supposed to be. A mother should not have to burry her child. I feel for those good people like the Bowens who are enduring a hard loss.  A father , Aaron Gabrielson, said this at the funeral of his son Crew that I want to share in this post because it was beautifully written. He said:

There just hasn't been enough time to adjust from having that incredible little boy with us all the time. We had him in the morning, afternoon, evening and night. The first sound we heard in the morning was our son sneaking into our room, whispering mom, watch TV show? It was just days ago that our son Crew was smiling and laughing, and playing pranks on me. His favorite prank was stealing my seat. It you got up off the couch, he would run over and lay in your spot, stretch out his arms, smile a big mischievous grin. We would say: "Did you steal my spot? " and he would laugh and laugh.

It always surprised me how quickly Crew stole my heart. When he was newborn, just thinking about the love of his birth momCrystal in giving him to us made me cry. My sister Lisa told me after we adopted Crew, that I had turned into the bawl baby. I had never seen that kind of love up close until Crystal handed her baby to us. When he was a little older, he would wrap his little hands around my neck, squeeze me as tight as he could and say Squeeze! My heart would melt when he would say "Dada going to work? as I would leave each day.

From the moment we met him, Crew was loved. He was born into a wold of love. After we took him to the temple and were sealed for eternity, he became the anchor, the center of our family. The center of our world, from morning to night.

The last three years have been a gift from God. It has been the most joyful and happy time of our lives. Crew was a little factory that a created love, he left a trail of it everywhere he went. It was as natural as breathing for him.

Though his death, I believe Crew has given us a gift; an opportunity if we are open to receiving it. He has given us a chance to wake from spiritual sleep. Like a lightening bolt and thunder clap that hits your backyard in the middle of the night, that rattles an shakes your house, his death can't be ignored. Everyone is awake right now, when the lightening hits as close as it did with Crew. There is a choice now to drift back to sleep, or to stay awake by choosing something different. To be the same, or to be changed forever.

I know that through the atonement of Jesus Christ, Someday, my beautiful boy will be given back to me as a little boy. All of the time that was taken from us will be given back. Every day that was taken from us will be restored. Jen will get to mother him and mooch all over his cute little face. I will get to hug him and chat him and hear him laugh. Our family will impatiently wait until that happy day comes. We will miss you Crew and love you forever.

I was thinking of Jose Ignacio, Julito Henriquez, Maria Cristina, and Ivory Gwen. Beautiful children angels who were taken into heaven to be with Jesus.

Con amor,
Veronica

No comments: