Saturday, June 4, 2016

Abuela Nela turns 87

Finally we get to be home. For the last month I have gone to Utah for Mandy's graduation and quick as soon as I got home we went to the Mission Presidents seminar in Cebu the next day and next to the Director's seminar. It always seems that May and November are very busy for Daniel.

Today slowed things a bit so we were able to call Daniel's mom Nela (la abuela) to congratulate her on her birthday. She looks twenty years younger and has a great sense of humor. I wonder if I would get to be 87 someday, that would be in 31 years in January 3 2047. I wonder what the world would be like then. How many new grandchildren and great grandchildren would have been born by then. This is why it is important to stay healthy so that those last years of our life are well preserved. I would hate to be a burden on anyone. One thing I know. Our home would probably be our City Creek apartment unless we would want to remain in Bountiful.

Roberto, Daniel's brother was getting the BBQ grilled ready. Everyone is bundled up because it is winter there. It is the rainy season here in the Philippines and for the past few days it has rained and rained! I love it because the grass and the plants need it so bad. Some of our trees had died and had to be replaced. This year we are going to be spending Christmas in Uruguay and hopefully New Years and my birthday in Orlando with my mom and sisters. My mom is 76 but her health is much worse than Daniel's mother. We miss our dear moms and can't wait to be with them.

Con amor,
Veronica

No comments: