Wednesday, March 14, 2018

A new business

My mom wants to start a business selling pearls but I am not too keen on that idea.  

From the time I was young I saw my mom start one business after another and within a couple of years she lost interest in whatever venture she had started and went to do something else. I don't know how that happened but she started over 25 business. I am the opposite because if I am going to do something in my life I am going to do it 100%.  I never wanted to be the girl who did things halfway.  I just felt that if I was going to put my name on something then I wanted to be proud of the work I was doing.  After all, if I wasn’t going to give something my all then why even start it in the first place…that just seemed silly to me.

Another thing I noticed was how much time my mom spent each day doing things that didn’t help her to move forward toward her goals.  After reading the quote below, I thought to myself, “If I just commit to doing a little bit more each day while others are wasting time then just think how far I can get in my life”

 “The average person puts only 25%of his energy and ability into his work.

The world takes off its hat to thosewho put in more than 50% of their capacity,

and stands on its head for thosefew and far between soulswho devote 100%.” – Andrew Carnegie

And so I decided to be one of those people who devotes herself 100% to every endeavor and for now the only business I have managed to do is real state. I like a business where I can make a profit  without moving a finger.  Has it been difficult at times, absolutely! I don't particularly like to be a landlord when I get calls about a problem in one of our homes but I do like to receive the money each month as a form of income so I am willing to put up with those issued that come up from time to time and continue with my small business. I rent out five homes. 

I like to feel that I go to bed each night knowing that I have accomplished everything I could possibly have accomplished with the day I was given – yes.  And there is great satisfaction that comes from knowing you are not wasting a single moment of the time God has granted you on this earth. My mom worked very hard and also gave it 100% of her time but somehow she lost interest quickly and never stuck to just one thing. Now she wants to start a business selling pearls when we don't know anything about the business. 

I met the people who sell them and they all have been in this business for decades. They buy the buckets of pearls and make the jewelry to sell in the Greenhills market. I got a few sets of pearl so my mom can give them out as gifts or sell them to people. She really gets a kick out of selling stuff but she doesn't realize that she doesn't have the same energy as she once did to be worried about starting a new business. She loves to sell stuff and I don't like doing that, because would give them away and that is exactly mom mom's problem. People don't pay her back which frustrates me because she is wasting time and money. I would do anything to make her feel she is successful at a business and have a partnership with her but I don't think selling pears is the way to go. For now, I will do anything in my power to buy a few peals sets here and there to make her happy. 

Con amor,
Vero


No comments: