Monday, September 10, 2018

A broken promise

I asked alexa to play Bianca’s music like I do almost every day but today was different. Tomorrow is September 11tha sad day to remember for obvious reasons. The good thing is that I will be away with Sharon Eubank visiting some projects so it won’t be too bad. Tomorrow I would be celebrating 37 years of marriage. 
During one of Bianca’s songs, “The Promise” I cried - the musical notes and words touched a deep place inside me and made me reflect on a promise we all make at the altar. A promise of devotion, loyalty and faithfulness to each other but unfortunately for too many is a promise that is often broken by the person we trust the most. The broken promise and betrayal is what makes it heart- wrenching.   
The melody of this beautiful song builds up layers of sweet and sad, sweet and sad, until the song caused a feeling of intensity that really did cause me to cry. Sometimes I wonder, would there be a September 11ththat I will not get sad?  would I ever stop crying when I think of this sad September day? Even though I am so happy with Daniel who I love more than life itself, I still get sad.

I do know and trust in the Lord that whatever happened between us, was for the best of all involved and wish for this sadness to someday go away completely but for now, I will stay focus packing for tomorrow's trip to Davao and if I cry a little it won't matter. I hope for tomorrow to be a wonderful day. 

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: