Monday, August 30, 2021

Stay on the Boat and hold on!

It has been a long time, a little over six weeks, since we wrote our weekly letter but we were busy and you can probably imagine what an adventure that was! 

 

We learned in July we couldn’t get out of Buenos Aires but we found a way. There was no way we could have missed a baptism, a blessing, a sealing a wedding and family reunion. I am grateful we managed to get back through Uruguay which was a tender mercy since we got to visit Daniel’s mom and family. We had not been able to travel to Uruguay since December of 2019. We are grateful that our prayers were answered and finally made it back healthy, safe and sound.

 

Amazing to think that Summer is over and students are finding their way back to school. I love seeing all the pictures of the kids ready for an awesome academic year. Looking at your posts puts a smile on our faces. 

 

Last week we had a Mission Leaders seminar at the Iguazu Falls. I had always heard of how amazing this place was, but never imagined seeing all that much water in one place. It’s one of the new seven wonders of Nature. The falls make up the largest waterfall in the world. Daniel took some footage of the massive water coming down with so much force and I was a little worried getting too close to the falls while we were in the boat. I remember holding on to my bench and Daniel very tight. It reminded me of the talk by Elder Ballard. “Stay on the Boat and Hold On!” Given in General Conference on October 2014. When I got home, I looked up the talk and brought tears to my eyes when I read it.  

 

Daniel also reminded me that there is another talk by Elder Nelson “Endure and be Lifted Up” Given on April 1997 that we are going to discuss it tonight for FHE. Please review those talks and discuss it with your family if you find the time. 


Con amor,

Vero

No comments: