Thursday, March 26, 2015

Cluster Meeting in Cusco

The cluster meeting this year was in Cusco Peru from March 20th to 25th. The whole meeting had one theme: Self Reliance. It is not only for temporal things but even spiritual. How can someone help the poor which is what the Church main role is, if the members are not self reliant. A scripture found on 2 Nefi 2: 26 clearly states " ...to act for themselves and not to be acted upon..." Self reliance is a doctrine not just a temporal solution. Education is important. law of tithing, prayer, reading the scriptures and service. Scriptures we studied: D & C 104; 17-18 and it was well understood how important it is to be self reliant.


On Sunday we went to Church to listen to Elder CauseƩ speak. He talked about the family, he said that there are three things in the Church to help the family #1 The Priesthood, when someone from anther faith asked his why do you need so many Priests when in his Church you only need one, he said, because we need them in every home. #2 help you children fast and take that money to donate to help the poor. #3 take your family to the temple and let that be your goal as a family. He said that as parents we want our children to be happy and we must teach the gospel in our homes, they will be exposed to false doctrine outside of our home but we need to teach them what is truth.


 Let the children not be dependent on parents or the government. Let's not create a society of dependency, we should only be dependent of our faith. In the afternoon the women got together to share experiences of a time when we felt the light. We went around the room sharing and I shared the feeling I felt in the temple. I also handed them the dolls and explained why they don't have faces. I was asked to lead because people take for granted that we all know how to lead and I did my best even though I don't know how to carry a tune so that is something I will learn for sure.


On Monday we went to Machu- Pichu for this trip we were given a hat, a bag with water and goodies in it, a poncho and a cane. I didn't know whey we were given a cane but as I started climbing the ruin I understood why we were given the cane. It takes all day to go to Machu-Pichu about 30 minutes where you take the train, an hour and a half ride on the train and another half hour on a bus. The little town below had the visit of the German President, I learned that the President is a man and he is like some honorary figure but the Prime Minister is a woman and she is the one in command. We also visited two other places and a gift shop market. I loved this trip. I brought me so many nice memories of a time I visited my aunt Norma and family 1n 1998.

No comments: