Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Family History class

Yesterday I got to teach Family History class  because sister Martinez was busy with a devotional so I got lucky to have Roxana Merejo come to the rescue. She was so nice to not only come to teach the class but to take me there. I was terrified just to think of driving there at a busy time. I don't know why I hate driving in the DR but I do! What was so funny is that the internet didn't work all that well so the class was not as exciting as I thought it was going to be. I had the students take the last half hour to get to a computer and start with family Search. It all worked out just fine and for this tender mercy I am so grateful.

 
I called my mom to get names and this is what I found out: Aminta Barrera Somoza was my paternal grandmother married to Francisco Alberto Flores, my grandfather.  They had four children: Luis Alberto, Manuel Antonio, Francisco Tomas, y Hilda Enma. the last child and only daughter. I remember them as a  typical dysfunctional family of El Salvador. The men had many children out of wed lock and the women were very dependent. Enma in particular was dependent on alcohol and died from drinking too much. Sad!


 A woman by the name of Aida Caseres has been doing a lot of family search who my mom is going to contact when she goes home. Antonia was Francisco's mother, my father's grandmother.  On my maternal side Pedro and Paula had the following children: Carlos, Miguel Angel, Gilberto, Aparicio, Ramon y Vilma. After having all boys Mamá Paula tried one more time and had Vilma at age 50. My aunt Norma has also been doing a lot of work and will send me what she has. My trip to El Salvador this year will include the places where all these people are buried.

No comments: