Wednesday, March 11, 2015

My travel plans

I need to have something to look forward to in life.  For example, in my life I can look forward to the fact that today the Claytons arrive and tomorrow we get to spend time with them and have dinner with Elder Holland at the head of the table. I got to spend Christmas and New years in Uruguay, went to my mom's 75 birthday in Mexico. In 9 days we go to Cusco for the DTA cluster meeting, in 15 days or 2 weeks we will have Analia and Spencer visiting with cute baby Chris and there are about three weeks till we go to Puerto Rico to spend time with Pablo and family during the Eater break there and vacation to the Culebra Island we never been before and shortly after by the end of April I will be on my wayt to Idaho and a month later I will be in El Salvador.  See how having things to look forward to can make the future seem so much brighter? Now sharing some thoughts from my favorite blogger who couldn’t have said it better.



“I think that is a big reason why holidays are so fun; it’s because of the anticipation of the events and gatherings that we know will be so fun on the holidays. Easter is probably my favorite one.  It’s why we love having vacation planned for the future; so we can spend months planning for it, getting prepared for it, and talking about how excited we are!  Having something fun on the schedule like hat can make the drudgery of the day-to-day go by in a much more pleasant manner.  Having something to be excited about in the future days can make it easier to cope with hard days because it stands as a light at the end of your tunnel.


Yes, having something to look forward to in life is a great way to keep you focused on being positive and excited about the future.  In fact, sometimes the joy that comes from the anticipation will surpass the joy that comes from the event itself.


I would challenge all of you to get out your calendars and add the dates of all of the fun things you are looking forward to.  Add Halloween, and Thanksgiving, and Christmas or Hanukkah.  Then add things like going for a drive to see the leaves changing colors, or seeing an upcoming movie, or going to the pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins for carving, or taking a weekend road trip, or visiting an old friend.    Schedule several things in the coming weeks and months that will give you something to look forward to and then be excited every day as you count down to your exciting adventures. You will also find that by planning these adventures on your calendar that you will be more likely to use your time wisely so you can be finished with your work on time in order to allow you to get to your exciting adventures.  Calendaring these activities and events will be a great motivator to help you stay focused. I know it works amazing for me when I do it.


 “Well,” said Pooh, “what I like best,” and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn’t know what it was called.”   – A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

I am excited to sit down and start mapping out some future plans on upcoming dates to get excited about!    I feel like Winnie the Pooh right before he eats his honey :) by Amy

No comments: