Sunday, May 22, 2016

Stake Conference

I keep a journal of what is being discussed each Sunday as I attend Church and today was Stake Conference in our Stake.

When I came in around 10:00 am the missionaries were putting more chairs in the over flow, they even sat people on the stage. This is what I wrote on my journal:

At the stake conference in Buen Dia. Poor Daniel is sick today with a bad cold so he had to stay home. The chapel was full when I arrive so I sat on the last row. The missionaries were busy putting more chairs even up on the stage. The topics covered went from the words from King Benjamin to  temple marriage, trust in the Lord, follow the instructions of our leaders , understand the influence of the Holy Ghost, the Area plan and endure to the end.

The one talk that stood out in my mind was from a sister who is a dentist. She said: "I can easily see what is wrong and prescribe to my patients what they need, this is the same with the area plan." Ask yourself what do you need to do to establish the kingdom. What do I lack? The Sabbath day is a sign for us from the Lord. The Sabbath is between me and my Heavenly Father. The Sabbath is a delight!

The Mission President's wife said: " I feel grateful to know that Heavenly Father has a plan. There is a war going on outside, it's a spiritual war. We need to prepare our children. How do those mothers prepared the 2000 Stripling warriors. We learned that the mothers knew it. They obeyed with exactness.  When our sons an daughters go on a mission, they leave all the comforts of home as they are thinking of others first. They learn to have courage and be bold.

Temple President: "The temple is not only for the old. The temple is for the young too. We are blessed to have a temple so near. We are surrounded by evil but there we can find refuge. If you have not being scaled to your family, do it while they are alive."

 I like to come to Stake Conference because it is one time when you can witness the real growth of the Church. I think there were over 1200 who came to listen to the messages.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: