Sunday, December 11, 2016

Summer in December

I was looking at the weather report and it looks like the climate is drastically changing in Utah from how beautiful it was when we were there around thanksgiving. We have plans to spend Christmas in Utah next year but I am not sure anymore if we should try a warmer climate like: Uruguay, Florida, El Salvador or stay in the Philippines where Summer is in December. We will see.

I remember all those years in December when snow mixed with wet wind = I’m freezing to death! I have to say that I am not much of a snow girl only because I just can’t stand to be cold and I don’t ski. I tried learning at age 50 but it was probably too late, so cold snowy days were never my favorites.

 My husband Daniel and I have a constant battle over the temperature in our house – I want the temperature turned WAY up and my husband wants it turned way down…brrrrr…  Heat people…I need heat! All this air conditioning has reminded me that I do appreciate the cool air but not to the point that it reminds me of Utah.

There is one (and only one) good thing about cold weather and that is the chance it creates for you to snuggle up in front of a fireplace with a nice mug of hot cocoa.  My personal favorite is the hot cocoa homemade from El Salvador but if you don’t have the luxury of bringing it from El Salvador then some Stephen’s hot cocoa will do. Our choices are: Dark Chocolate, Roasted Hazelnut, Chocolate mint Truffle, or Raspberry Chocolate, especially when you add a huge dollop of whip cream that you squirt from the can…mmmm…yummy… So here is hoping that all of you can climb into your warm fuzzy zipper blanket with the built in footies, and snuggle up in front of the fireplace with the ones you love, and enjoy your nice warm cocoa…just don’t forget the whip cream!  Gotta have the whip cream…

Have a warm and wonderful day everyone!

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: