Monday, February 5, 2018

Amazing tender mercies, blessings and miracles

One of the things I am doing this year is writing down times when I can see the hand of the Lord working in my life and place them on a jar to be read on New Year’s Eve, so I am paying close attention.

 It is amazing all the coolest experiences, tender mercies, blessings and miracles that I have been given thus far so I just couldn’t help but share!

I will mention just a few in no particular order:

New Year’s Eve was on a Sunday this year so I wanted to have an open house on January 1st like a type of a BBQ that people would come and visit but I didn’t want to do this all by myself. One day our home teacher who is from New Zealand and who also lives in our building, and suggested that we should get together for pot luck on New Year Day. He and Daniel both love to cook meat so we did it! It was so fun to actually get that nice grill out from storage. 

In December, the doctor told Daniel that the ultrasound showed a “fatty liver” so he needed to lose at least 10 pounds if not more by next July when Daniel comes in again for a check -up. Well, for the past four years, we have been trying but were unsuccessful each time. On January 1st, A good friend Kent Rappleye posted on Facebook having lost 90 Lbs. by following the “Bright Line Eating” regimen. I ordered the book on line and sent it to my friend’s daughter address because I knew my friend could bring it with her once she came back from her visit to the U.S. As of February 4, we have already lost 8 pounds.

For the longest time, I had misplaced my patriarchal blessing but one day as I was talking to my sister Liz, she told me that Paola who is serving her mission in Brazil asked her to read her patriarchal blessing so as we were on the phone we both got in our computers and went to LDS. Org and asked for it to be sent to us via email and it worked! As we were sharing what our blessing read, we both were asked to work on our genealogy. Daniel was listening and suggested that my mom needed to be sealed to her parents, it was a matter of going to the temple so Liz took my mom and helped her to be sealed to her parents in the San Salvador temple. How cool is that! 

Last Christmas I forgot to buy my journal for the new year but what was my surprise that when I got home, one of the gifts were from the director of publishing who gave me a day planner. I use those as my journal of my daily comings and goings. Yay! 

On January 11, I had been awake all night so I went to my computer to look for tickets to Orlando. (I do that just for fun) also tickets from Orlando to El Salvador because I knew my mom was thinking of going so I called my mom and asked her if she needed to go? I told her that she could use my miles. She couldn’t believe it because she had been so worried about how expensive tickets were and was praying to find a way to go that wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg. 

My birthday this year was extra especial because we needed to go out of town to a cute bay area in the Philippines. Daniel had to speak at a breakfast meeting there and as we started eating, his secretary came with a cake and candles for me to blow. I honestly thought this year, no one would sing happy birthday to me and there would be no type of celebrations but it turned out to be fantastic! I love cake J

I finished Nico’s ABC book long ago but was just missing one photo. I got it done and found a woman going to the U.S. who always had me take her things to her kids so this time she will return the favor and take Nico’s book ready to be mailed. She leaves this Wednesday.  I am now all caught up with all the grandchildren who have already had their first-  birthday. Nice! 

We are going to Hawaii! Yay! One of my dreams was to kidnap Daniel to the island of Hawaii. I had plotted it many times over because the poor thing has never been there. Can you all just imagine that! But, of course life and work has gotten in the way and for 8 long years, it never happened until this year the DTA cluster meeting will be there. What a tender mercy! 

You know, I could go on and on telling you one story after another but I would just end with a story from dinner.  I have been very busy so this is why this letter is getting to you a little late. I am completely exhausted. 

We had company for dinner.  Our guests are here to do some training with the HR people so the HR director and her husband were also invited. This dinner took me the entire day to make it. I even made Daniel’s favorite dessert, Pasta Frola. It was amazing but what happed before was too funny. 

Daniel had prepared a presentation about the Philippines so our guests would know more about its rich history. He prepared a FHE type of meeting. He asked me to conduct and to lead in the singing of a simple hymn,” Love one another.” I began the meeting and told them we would sing Love one Another and was looking in my ipad to find the song but there were just 5 of us and 4 out of 5 sounded really bad. One of our guests suggested to play the piano and we tried but still, we all sounded like whining cats and we all laugh so loud. She then offered to play the piano and sing as well. We somehow made it through the short verse that seemed like it took forever. 

One good thing is that I had prepared to give them Bianca’s CD to take and this is proof that even though we can’t carry a tune if our life depended on it, we have a daughter to make up for us both.

Con amor,
Vero
  

No comments: