Monday, June 3, 2019

This is me

Daniel and I took the Clifton survey test today. We had been asked to take it as part of the training for the Director's seminar to see what our 5 personality strengths are and after answering over 150 questions here are the results for me.

This is me:
Belief: Core values are important to me. I value family and to me success is more than money and prestige. I value responsibility and high ethics. My friends call me dependable. " I know where you stand" they say. I am easy to trust. 

Connectedness: I believe that things happen for a reason. We are part of something larger. We are part of a larger picture so we must not harm others because we will be harming ourselves. I am considerate, caring, and accepting. I am a bridge builder for people of different cultures. My faith is strong. 

Responsibility: I follow through with completion. I like to do things right and are known to have impeccable ethics. Utterly dependable. My willingness to volunteer may sometimes lead me to take on more than I should. 

Harmony: I look for areas of agreement. I believe there is little to be gained from conflict and friction. When I know that the people around me has different views, I try to find the common ground. When others are imposing their opinions, I hold my peace. When others strike out a direction I will willingly, in the service of harmony, modify my own objectives to merge with theirs (as long as their basic values do not clash with mine) When others start to argue about their pet theory or concept, I steer clear of the debate, preferring to talk about practical, down-to-earth matters on which you can all agree. In my view we are all in the same boat, and we need this boat to get where we are going. 

Input: I collect things. I collect information, words, facts and quotations or tangible things too. I collect them because it interests me. I like to travel because each new location offers novel artifacts and facts. I don't feel confortable throwing anything away. Why are they worth storing? No one knows when they might become useful and perhaps one day some of it will prove to be valuable. 

I marvel at what it said about me and have to agree. It's all true. Each one of us will have an opportunity to influence many people during our lifetime. So the question we must ask ourselves is, " when we have opportunities to influence others how are we going to use them? What will we do when we are given a moment to show you we are? What impact do we desire our example to have? 

My mission is life is to serve others so wherever I am given a moment to do that, I hope I am able to effectively use my unique talents to accomplish that mission. Each of us has each of has an opportunity to influence an untold number of people during our lives.Let's use those opportunities to inspire others to do good.  

Con amor,
Vero


No comments: