Wednesday, March 25, 2020

"I will Give you Rest"

Thoughts on 6 days on quarantine. 

I love the scripture found on Matthew 11: 28 " Come unto me, all ye that labour and are laden, and I will give you rest."

We all carry burdens. Some resulting from your own doing and mistakes, some caused by the choices of others, and some that are nobody's fault but are simply part of life on earth. Regardless of the reasons for our struggles, Jesus pleads with us to come unto Him so He can help us bear our burdens and find relief.

The world is in turmoil because of the coronavirus and many seemed very anxious and stressed out. It's understandable because it's one of those things totally out of our control but we can always remember that He is there to bear up our burdens. "Take my  yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11: 29-30 Elder Bednar taught, "making and keeping sacred covenants yokes us to and with the Lord Jesus Christ."

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: