Wednesday, April 27, 2022

I can't stand getting sick!

  

I knew when I went to bed Sunday night that I was in trouble. I had assumed that Ushuaia never gets freezing cold because it’s by the ocean. I was wrong! It was so cold that I didn’t really enjoy going out. It's at the end of the world. What was I thinking! 

 

It didn’t help that I was not getting enough sleep at all either. I sometimes have a hard time sleeping at hotels. After seeing off the last of our employees that had come to the director’s seminar and getting our bags from the airport which was a miracle because the bag people were on strike that day, I finally went to bed. 

 

Sunday I felt ok but Monday is when it hit me. I felt sick as a dog. My body was about to yell “payback!” for all the extreme cold I had put my body to suffer unnecessarily if I just had taken a heavy coat and not a rain jacket. Why did I think a rain spring rain jacket would be enough?  I’ll never know. Live and learn! Maybe it was because that is what I took when I went in December but April is not Summer anymore. 

 

I woke up so sick Monday morning with a bad sore throat. it wasn’t even funny and I instantly knew. So for the past three days, I have been rolled up in my bed with no energy to do anything. I took a day Nyquil pill and drank a gallon of water and plenty of vitamin C and at night I took a night Nyquil and that put me to sleep instantly. The last time I was this sick was in December of 2019. 

 

Tuesday, I did a repeat taking more Nyquil pills but today when the cold got to my chest is when I started taking Prednisone which always does the trick. Is heavy medication, I hate it but I do need it this time or the cough will continue for weeks and at that point I usually have to get antibiotics anyway and that is no fun at all! 

 

I can’t stand getting sick because I feel like a caged animal when I am sick in bed and all I can do is think of everything I should be getting done but can’t. Being sick is something I just don’t have time for!

 

I was feeling a little sorry for myself until my neighbor friend brought me a box of chocolates and this quote translated to English reads: 

 

“Being sick is just your body’s way of saying you’re way too awesome and you need to slow down so everyone else can catch up.”

 

I love people who find a way to make us feel good when we are feeling down. That and today I love my bottle of Prednisone. I am going to take my pill right now and try to get back to sleep…which means I need to stop typing this blog and put the laptop away…because I have a feeling that blogging and Prednisone just won’t mix…

 

Here’s hoping for good health tomorrow!

 

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: