Monday, April 18, 2022

Trying and Failing

I am struggling—I feel like I can’t stop eating and I know it’s the fact that no matter what I do whether I eat or don’t eat, it does not make a difference. Sometimes I go a whole day without eating but my weight stays the same and that is when I get discouraged so I start eating. Why starve if it won’t do the trick? 

 

It’s hard to explain exactly how I felt on Saturday night eating out. We went to our favorite steak house. Daniel ordered the usual appetizer of cheese and chorizo plus a fried empanada. The meal was mostly beef smothered with a yummy mushroom sauce and potatoes. I licked the platter clean and there was dessert of course.  I feel like I am never in the mood for the things I supposed to eat. Salads! On the other hand, I crave bread and sweets. I feel like it’s a rebellion in my mind. I even ate a huge chocolate Easter egg when I know I can’t have chocolate. I learned from when I read the book Bright Line Eating that I am addicted to flour and sugars. 

 

I think about all my upcoming trips: Ushuaia, Salt Lake, New York, El Salvador and how on earth will I be able to lose 10 kilos while I am traveling so much? According to my sister’s nutritionist, she must eliminate from her diet all flour, gluten, wheat and yeast and anything that contains sugar. Seems extreme. I know. Daniel loves to eat Italian and I do too!

 

Part of my problem with food and eating has been scarcity mentality, which leads very obviously to binging. It’s the feeling that “I might not have access to this food so I better eat now that I can” whether I was hungry or not.  I also hate for food to go to waste. Here is my dilemma, what do I need to change to make progress? Whatever I am doing is not working. I need to come up with a plan. 


The day I have lost the 10 kilos or 22 pounds that I have put on in the past three years, I will let you know how I did it. 

 

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: