Saturday, December 6, 2014

Activiy Days about the family

Today the Primary kids came to the activity days at my house. We decorated cookies and made Christmas ornaments.  Daniel said: why are you putting so much more on your plate when is Christmas? This might sound a little crazy but this is a way I show Jesus I love him buy doing things for others. I was able to watch my friend Tammy's kids and that made me feel good. I don't know about you but I like doing things that make me feel good. This is something that we differ with Daniel. He thinks that a lot of time people are doing service because they have some guilt complex and they do it for themselves more than for others and maybe that is true to some extent but it still feels great so I do it anyway.


Yes, this month I intend to truly ENJOY and CHERISH the Christmas season – and I realize that it is my attitude and my focus that will make that happen.  

 It is especially important for me to remember that I control my attitude and focus – especially when this will be my very first Christmas with Daniels family.  Two of our daughters plan to join us: Vale and Ani if she can find her resident card.   Hopefully a video skype call with the rest of the clan on Christmas day will be wonderful and I am so looking forward to that.  But truth be told, I am missing the grandkids like crazy his month and it is a daily struggle to not have them around, especially with all the Christmas festivities and traditions going on. Last year three of our girls came to visit and it was pure Heaven!!
  It is amazing how powerful the desire is to be with family during the holidays and it makes my heart go out to all of those people who don’t get to be around their family or loved ones during the holiday.  And so to deal with the hole in my heart I will focus my attention on doing service for others, the same way Christ would have us do.  I have found that doing service for others is about the very best cure there is for a sad heart.  And there is no better time than Christmas to go the extra mile in doing service for others. On activity days this month we have talked about the family and how Jesus family had a mom and a dad and he is the example because it has started to get confusing in todays world of so many compositions of dysfunctional families. It is important that the children are always told the truth.

I wish all my dear friends an amazing holiday month.   I hope all of us are able to set aside the typical stresses and anxieties that so often plague us this time of year and focus on the things that really matter. OUR FAMILY!!

No comments: