Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas devotional

Today somehow I made the effort of going to the Christmas devotional. This time the employees wanted a basket rather than a dinner plate so they had a few refreshments to give room for each person to get a basket and it turned out great. It is important to do what they want and not what the DTA wants. I like that about Daniel. I remember working for a company that all  they had was a pot lock type lunch on the 23rd and that was it!! It is good that at the office they try to do something nicer.


If I were in Utah I would be spending  some time sitting by our Christmas tree, sipping hot cocoa, and quietly contemplating the many blessings in my life so I don’t ever take any of those blessings for granted.  I think this time of year is a fantastic time to sit and write down each of the blessings we have in our lives as a keepsake to look back on in future years.
I plan to start early thinking of service projects our family can do for others while we are in Uruguay and pray to be able to find those opportunities. It would be easier if we had gone to El Salvador for Christmas but what matters is that our hearts and minds are more focused on the true meaning of Christmas from the start of the month no matter where we find ourselves.


And for icing on the holiday spirit cake I plan to listen to plenty of Christmas carols on the radio and watch countless Hallmark channel cheesy Christmas movies like Elf with Daniel  – that always helps to keep me in that Christmas spirit :) I will post many of my favorite Christmas songs on facebook in hopes that Bianca gets the hint on producing a Christmas album for me.
By the way I highly recommend you to watch “Mr. Krueger’s Christmas” starring Jimmy Stewart and if you haven’t seen it you absolutely need to!  It is the best movie ever to get you in the right Christmas spirit!!
The devotional had words from elder Zivic, the office choir and for the first time the bells directed by Nuria Martinez. They also had a video they showed made by the Church to share with others this season. It found on youtube. He is the Gift!

No comments: