Sunday, February 7, 2016

A trip to San Pablo

Over the weekend we went to the city of San Pablo. We went to see where Elder and sister Nelson are going to be staying and to see two chapels. Both are beautiful building but one happens to be close to a lake. so close that you can see the lake from behind the chapel so I have decided if I ever can afford to buy a house on a lake, I should. It gives you so much peace to have the view of a lake.

We asked Art who lives there in San Pablo to find a restaurant to eat and on Saturday night so he found a popular restaurant here in the Philippines (Max) a chain that serves chicken as their signature item. We invited him and his family so as I type a thought today what I learned from going to San Pablo is that one good way to get to know people is by inviting them to have dinner with you, Is that simple!

Every person enjoys a good meal I believe that forming relationships and connections with people you work with is one of the biggest blessings in life. One never knows what will come about with the connections we have made and the friendships we have formed. I realize that it can be intimidating at times to meet new people and to form new friendships but it is worth doing it. I like the way how my husband treats his employees with kindness and respect. Every person has so much to offer. This trip to San Pablo reminded me how important it is to make time to get to know people to build new friendships.

Here in Manila I am meeting new people every day. I have even said good bye to three couples already. My hope is that while we are here we take the opportunity to make connections with people who are also making the Philippines their home. I want to look for opportunities to make new friends and also take time to strengthen my relationship with old friends as well. Bottom line, it feels wonderful to be in the company of friends. Daniel and I are so blessed by having wonderful dear friends and this year I hope to at least remember their birthdays.

Con amor,
Vero


No comments: