Saturday, November 25, 2017

Thankful

We celebrated thanksgiving today at the office with all the Missionary couples. Some children provided entertainment and Daniel showed a very touching ad from LDS Charities that will be aired soon. We also had a message from Elder Bowen who said that there is a time and a season and how thankful he was for all the senior missionaries who have paused their busy lives with family to come to the Philippines to serve.

Sister Vanalee Carruth wrote: "I have been counting my blessings this week. I was delighted to see the photos of my family and their gatherings. I was reminded by a cute girl to have "an attitude of gratitude." I am grateful for wonderful family and friends and I do miss them fiercely. We know that we are where we are supposed to be right now. We have been so blessed in our life and now is our time to serve and show our gratitude. Today I am grateful for all the wonderful friends we get to serve with here! We had a fabulous thanksgiving celebration today!"

Another friend said: " Well this holiday kind  of such up on me... Happy Thanksgiving friends! I am so grateful for so much. I am grateful for my family. my mom, sisters, for the sweet mother-in-law, brothers and sister in law and all their amazing talented kids. I am grateful for my good health, strong body and a mind that wants to be good, do good and accomplish anything in its path. I am grateful that I know there is a Heavenly Father and a Savior who love us all. I am grateful for a life well lived. A life full of adventure, love and surprises around every corner. It has been a climb, but one worth making. I'm so glad I held out and persevered. I am most grateful for that hindsight. Lastly, I am grateful for all my dear friends. My very dear and close ones. And other friends that I have met along the way, whose opinions I value and families I adore. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday remembering what was sacrificed so that we may gather with our families and give thanks for all our many blessings, especially for the beautiful, free, and amazing country.

Sister Carlos who couldn't be there wrote:

Sister Adams wrote: Thanks to all who worked so hard to make this Thanksgiving dinner special. Thank-you for the yummy wonderful food and the Stewarts who worked so hard to organize, prepare, set up and clean up with the help of everyone. It was so nice to see all the Seniors in action making something special. Thanks to those who made the videos that made me cry and think some more about the difference between pity and compassion. I was very appreciative of the young men and women who came to sing to us - what wonderful talent and joy they had! Thank you very much Elder Bowen for articulating the point that this mission is really an extended honeymoon. Jeffrey and I feel closer and more in tune with each other and the Savior because of this great experience.With warm regards, Sister Adams


And some other person wrote: Here's what I'm thankful for:
1. My Father in Heaven, who blesses me daily with life, a healthy body, spirit, and mind. My Savior, who provides me with the gift of salvation through His sacrifice.
2. My parents who raised me from infancy and my family, who loves me and brings me joy. Amazing friends from coast to coast, who've been supportive during my trials.
3. My country that provides freedom and opportunity through a great foundation laid, the sacrifice of many who've bravely fought, and the service of good, patriotic Americans who work to preserve our values and liberty. 
I never forget.
From my heart, I wish you all joyous and blessed Thanksgiving.

And to that I do agree and second all of what has been said and hope to live a life of gratitude. 
Con amor,
Vero

No comments: