Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Amazing story of perseverance 

When Jon and I were first married, we went through a lot of soul refining experiences. We didn't have money for basic things, like food or housing - because of losing our business. We were pushed past our breaking point, over and over again. We often thought we wouldn't make it ... alone, or together.

One thing that brought me through the first four years of court and bill collectors (that camped out on my front porch together, daily), was a picture I kept on my fridge of a grass hut hotel on the ocean in Tahiti. I thought, "Someday, if we can make it through all of this insanity, we will go there!"

Well, that someday is here. It's today! About ten minutes ago, I leaned over the balcony and a tear fell into the ocean. I stood by Jon's side, and together we admired this breathtakingly beautiful earth. My husband and I are still here, together, after many years.

Today is a day of reflection and beauty. My kids are safe and thriving. I'm humbled. My heart is beating fast and my mind is still - and so while we can soak up the good, we will.

I often joke when we're signing business deals, that "All they can take, is everything". I say this because if we lost our physical 'everything' again, we would still be standing. They can't take my family, they can't take my experiences and they can't take my determination. And if they repossessed it or we had to sell it all again, it's ok, because we've proven that we can make it. And that, my friends, is peaceful reassurance that God lives. What really matters are the people we journey with and the relationships we fight for.

Janae Moss

I do not know Janae Moss but her story of perseverance touched my heart. It gives hope to anyone out there who needs a little faith. 

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: