Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Independence day is on June 12

I will never think of June 12th the same way since it is the  important day for the Philippines. Daniel of course was at home working so I asked him to come with me to the Olongapo mission where I had to translate for sister Uceda. We had a great visit with the missionaries and the Mission President and his wife. 

Elder Uceda has a very unique style when teaching. He sounds almost like some Evangelical Pastor and likes to read a scripture one word at a time. Analyzing each root of every word.  It was very interesting to study the scriptures that way. He also had the missionaries understand the importance of staying in close proximity at all times for safety. They need to be able to see each other and hear each other at all times. The rule is very clear and it's in their missionary handbook. 

As I was translating for sister Uceda a feeling of love and gratitude came over me that I felt tears coming down my face. I felt so much love for these remarkable young men and women. what a blessing to have been there! 

Con amor,
Vero







No comments: