Wednesday, June 13, 2018

I am the Interpreter

Today I was asked to be the interpreter for Sister Uceda. She has so much love for her country of Peru. She told people here that everything in the Philippines reminded her of Peru which is true and that can be said of any country in Latin America like El Salvador too.

It was wonderful to be able to translate but for some reason there came a part where I didn't understand her accent and didn't know what she was saying. That was a little embarrassing but I know deep in my heart, did my best! 

Later that afternoon we went to the Kilus factory and to have lunch together as sisters. I am not ever invited to go with the sisters but on this occasion they had to invite me because I was sister's Uceda interpreter. What a sweet tender mercy. Thank you sister Uceda. You will never know how much I appreciated your invitation to accompany you everywhere you went. 

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: