Sunday, June 17, 2018

Heavenly Father knows Best!

Father in Heaven knows Best!

Today is Father’s Day so in tribute to our Heavenly Father, I dedicate this post. 

 We all have a picture in our heads of how we think our lives should go.  We plan it out perfectly in our minds, laying out what seems to us to be the ideal plan for our lives.  We set goals toward it, we take action based on it, and we kneel down at night and ask in prayer for it to go the way we want it to.

There is a song called “Unanswered Prayers” by Garth Brooks and I am not a fan of country music but there are a few songs I do like and “unanswered Prayers” is one of them. This song has lyrics in it that teach an amazing life lesson.  The song is about a man who is thanking God for not granting him some of the things in life he had prayed for in his past (thus the phrase unanswered prayers).  The man had come to recognize that his life had turned out far better than it would have if God had granted him what he thought he had wanted and prayed for in his past.  He had learned that God’s plan was so much better than anything he could have conceived of at the time and he is grateful for the God’s wisdom in not always giving him what he thought he wanted.     

I love the lesson that song teaches because reminds us that when we pray for something we want at the time, and we don’t get it, we need to recognize that God is granting that prayer because He has something far better in store for us if we just be patient and have faith.  So often when we kneel to ask for something we don’t have all the facts, and we certainly don’t know the bigger picture of what could be in our lives, so we are lucky to have someone wise enough to know when to say “no” or “not now” or whatever it is that we need to hear in those moments, even if it infuriates us at the time because we aren’t getting what we wanted based on our own understanding of the options that exist.  We need to realize that there must be other options out there that we aren’t aware of yet, and it’s our job to hang on patiently and wait with confidence.  We need to remind ourselves to be grateful that someone is watching out for us and making sure we will have the very best thing instead of the thing we thought we wanted. 

I can count so many examples in my own life when I thought I knew exactly what I wanted to have happen.  I would get on my knees and pray my heart out for something, only to then be disappointed when it didn’t happen. But inevitably every time I went through this, as time passed and more facts came to light, it became incredibly clear to me why things needed to end up another way that was better than what I even knew existed so have faith that things will work out in the end.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: