Sunday, October 28, 2018

My Sunday class

Today I got up to get ready since I knew I had to come to Church to teach my class. I could have called last minute to say I wasn't feeling well but I couldn't possibly do it because I don't like to be unreliable so I got up, got ready and went to Church for that last hour of Relief Society.

As I was getting the room ready, Tia came over to tell me that she had been asked to teach because I had been released. Wow, how did I not know that! I guess the Bishop had not seen me to let me know but that is not an excuse these days because there is email, phone call text whatever. He should have let me know that someone else had been called to teach my class and the Relief Society President should have told me also what the plan was. I was in shock because I had been feeling ill and I had come anyway to teach the class. Otherwise, I would have stayed home.

The Bishop has a lot going on and I forgive him, the Relief Society President is young and new at what she is supposed to do so I forgive her too. The woman teaching had no idea but was sweet to send me a message about the miscommunication saying that she was sorry. I guess I should understand that we are all human and we all make mistakes and no one should ever take it personal  although I cried. I don't know why but I got my feelings hurt and I hate it when that happens.

All I can say is that I am glad to know that every calling comes with a release and is not personal or that I don't do a good job teaching because teaching is my favorite thing to do and what happened today was not a reflection on anything I am doing wrong but miscommunication.

The Bishop did call me to extend the release and explained the situation after his wife told him what had happened. They are our friends. If there is a lesson to be learned for Bishops, is to make sure you release someone before another takes over. I am glad this happened to me and not someone new in the Church who could have gotten offended and acted differently. I gracefully said ok and was cool about it even though I was very confused.

There are those few times when I feel so homesick and wished I was not here and this day was one of those days. If there was a time I needed a hug was today. October 28, 2018

No comments: