Saturday, October 13, 2018

My Prince Charming

It's October 13th, 2018 and only three days to celebrate our anniversary! Yay! Each month of the year has something very special about it, like January for us since we both celebrate our birthdays and October when we celebrate our anniversary, so each time we go to Salt Lake for General Conference, I can't help to think that it is also the month we are celebrating another year together as a family.

We left on September 27th to attend Nacho's wedding, hosted a family dinner and went to the sealing and reception the next day. Spent time with family, got our  batteries charged at General Conference and DTA meetings and are back in Manila. It was amazing to think of all the things we did as a family including going to General Women's Conference for the first time. Here in the Philippines, tomorrow is when people stay home to view at home or at a chapel. It was so neat to see some of our grandkids that we hadn't seen for months.

Do I believe in Prince Charmings? Totally.  But Prince Charming certainly isn’t perfect, and the girls that expect that he will be are in for a big surprise and awakening someday when they meet him.  He is no more perfect than the Princess herself is perfect. 

 He will say stupid things at times, and he will hurt your feelings at times, and he will make mistakes and fall down and have to get back up while writing his own story – but the man who tries his best every day to be a good person, who will say sorry when he is wrong, who forgives you when you are wrong, who is genuinely committed to doing the right thing in his life and who expects you to do the same – that is a true Prince Charming.  And that is a man to hold onto and appreciate. 

 Did I have to kiss a lot of frogs in my life before I found my own Prince Charming….sure I did (although young ladies reading this I would like you to note that they were indeed frogs who I wish I had never kissed, after all, frogs are icky so who really wants to kiss them?  so I fully recommend waiting to kiss any frogs until after they themselves have turned into a Prince Charming all on their own and without needing your help at all…those are the Princes you want!  So no frog lips ladies!!!). But I am happy to say that nine years ago I married my Prince Charming and he makes me the luckiest girl in the world.

How I love my family and can't wait to see more of them in December.

Love,
mami Vero


No comments: