Wednesday, October 31, 2018

The hand that rocks the cradle

Today I was invited to attend Kathleen's baby shower who has been working for the Area Presidency and is having a baby. I was asked the day before to bring the favors or "tokens" a game, a card for everyone to sign and a gift to give the mother who was going to Canada to have her baby. She is Canadian and this is her first child.


I did all of that by looking around my house to what I had because no store in the Philippines had 30 of one kind of thing and I needed to buy thirty of something to give as tokens. My first thought was to make the cute popcorn "ready to pop" kind of treat but she is only 5 months pregnant and not even showing so I thought of candy. Get some kisses and bundle them but then a thought came to my mind about a quote I heard by William Wallace. "The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world" so I thought I should give each person a hand lotion with this message attached to it so I did!

I also had a nice set of hand lotions to give to the mom and a cute card for people to sign. I also brought to the shower a cute white box for people to place some money in and wrote on it, "Baby's fund" since no one needed to bring a gift, it makes more sense to give her some cash.

 Last but not least, I came up with a game last minute. I had some sugar babies candy in a bucket that I had people guess how many candy boxes in the bucket so the closest person would get the candy. There were 15 boxes in there and two people guessed the closest. One said there were 14 and the other 16 so I gave one winner the candy and the other another prize I had brought. It turned out perfect because the one who got the candy, love candy and the sister who got the fan wanted a fan.

 I was amazed of how I was able to come up with these things in one afternoon but most of all how the hand of the Lord is in everything we do, big and small things. I was prompted to buy the sugar babies candy and was prompted also to keep all those cute L'Occitane hand lotions I get in some fancy hotels. I was also amazed at the creativity of the ladies who decorated the room and how they all kept it a surprise for Kathleen. The most important thing for Kathleen was to know that we care and want to wish her well. We also gave her some good advice that was placed inside a big baby bottle jar.

No comments: