Thursday, November 1, 2018

Count down to Christmas

On November first I always get that feeling like what people now days refer to as “anxiety” is that feeling when you feel butterflies in your stomach that you know there is a lot to do in a very short amount of time which I know it as Christmas Chaos and every year I wonder why we don’t plan- ahead if we know this event will occur year after year. 

Christmas is the celebration of the most wonderful gift in all human history! I believe that God sent His son to earth to redeem our world. The story is incredible, yet simple and beautiful. No wonder people’s lives seem to change at this remarkable time of the year! 

I was talking to my sister the other day and she told me that a friend had mentioned how she is done with Christmas by October 31 because she has discovered that celebrating Christmas in a memorable way doesn’t just happen. Unless preparations are made before hand, our families are overcome by Christmas chaos rather than the joy and peace we want to fill our homes. Her motto is “plan your work and work your plan” 

As simple as it sounds, I must confess I found this out the hard way. It is not fun to rummage through picked-over merchandise. By waiting until the last minute to shop and paying extra for a speedy delivery. People argue over how much money they could or couldn’t spend and what they should or shouldn’t buy and that is what kills the true spirit of Christmas. 

That is also why some people hate Christmas with a passion. I know because I was once married to one so today I started my count -down to Christmas calendar. I have written down everything taking place from November 1sttill Christmas to make sure I am on track on deadlines and better plan for our busy days ahead and truly enjoy this time of the year. 




No comments: