Sunday, November 11, 2018

Found a treasure

Today was an unusual day for me. I stayed home on a Sunday which only happens when I am sick. I hope the virus or whatever I got goes away soon. I think all of this illness is caused by stress. I started putting papers away in my office to throw anything older than 2018. I have been accumulating so much junk mail but inside a bunch of papers I found this note about our divine identity as women sister Bowen left us while she taught an Institute class. The note read:

"You are noble and great, courageous and determined, faithful and fearless; that is who you are and that is who you have always been. Understanding that truth can change your life because this knowledge caries a confidence that cannot be duplicated any other way.

We will find a greater sense of mission and more confidence living as a woman of God in a world that doesn't necessarily celebrates women of God. We will cheer each other on rather than compete with each other, because we'll feel secure in our standing before the Lord. And we'll be eager to stand for truth, even when we must stand alone.

Satan of course, knows how spiritually potent the knowledge of our divine identity is. He hates women of the noble birthright. He hates us because he is almost out of time, while we are enroute to everlasting glory. He hates us because of the influence we have on husbands and children, family and friends, the Church and even the world. it is no secret to him that we are the Lord's secret weapon."

On back of this paper the sisters in our circle wrote something about us and this were the things written about me.

Veronica Almeida is:
Always kind and friendly
Sassy and sweet
Courageous
Always says hello
Thoughtful planner
Friendly and Happy
Faithful
Humble and Hopeful
Faithful and True
Earnest giving
kind and Authentic
Strong Testimony
A survivor
Great Soul
Wonderful Testimony
You are full of wisdom and always look pretty
Sweet and kind

After I read the note, I started looking at my iPad where I keep a log of each Sunday meeting and what I learned. Going to Church for a Latter-day Saint involves more than just attending. We are asked to participate actively and to minister the people who are given to us in our care.

I need to start doing more than I what have been doing to live up to those words.

Co amor,
Vero

No comments: