Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Everybody deserves a Daniel!

Last week, Elder Soares sent Daniel an email asking for his permission to mention his name on his talk on Sunday. We knew of the story when Elder Soares broke his wrist. 

Daniel lived in Centerville at the time and offered to take Elder Soares to work each morning. For the next three months or so, Daniel drove to Bountiful to pick him up every morning and brought him home from work. How sweet of Elder Soares to think of Daniel as an example of service. 

Some years ago, I was incredibly skeptical about trusting someone again enough to marry again. But then ten years ago that changed. Ten years ago, I met Daniel who came very well recommended by people who I trusted and for the first time I knew this time, it would be different.

At our age, we were not going to have children of our own but we knew we would share grandchildren together which is about the same. We adore all our 22 grandchildren and counting. I knew that I had finally met the right man for me and the right man to be the future grandfather to my grandchildren.

I am so grateful that I was lucky enough to find that person. He is an incredible man, an amazing husband an awesome father to all our children and a granddaddy to all our grandchildren, they are now all his grandkids too in every sense of the word. 

This year Daniel and I celebrated ten years together. Daniel is the man who makes me look forward to my tomorrows. He is my sweetheart and my best friend and I feel so blessed that he came into my life.  

Anyone that has been married for at least ten years could tell you that marriage isn’t easy. No matter how amazing any two people are, being married is still going to present its challenges. 

Just the fact that men and women are so different alone is difficult but then you add to that living together, blending a family together, going through trials together, and everything else that marriage brings, well the fact is that having a good marriage takes work! It just does.

What makes all the work and the challenges you face worth it is knowing that this person you are married to is the love of your life and that there is no one in this world you would rather face challenges with, fight with, make up with, grow old with, and have waiting for you on the other side when your spirit leaves this world and moves on to the next. Knowing that makes every single bit of marriage worth it.

And in closing I want to say to my sweet husband Daniel – I LOVE YOU!!!  Forever and ever and ever…Everybody deserves somebody with a heart of gold who makes them look forward to tomorrow! Everybody deserves a Daniel! 

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: