Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Our gratitude is a measure of our love for Him

Thanksgiving 2019 zoomed right past us! 


When we decided to go to Utah to spend Thanksgiving this year we started with a 7- day vacation trip that got changed to 2- weeks because we realized that Daniel needed to see the dermatologist right away and it usually takes two weeks to get results from a Biopsy and while we were there, I also got in to see a Podiatrist for my plantar fasciitis so you could guess this trip was more about seeing our doctors than vacation but the good news is that Daniel does not have skin cancer and my condition will go away if I do the exercises and wear shoes with support. 

I felt it was good to go since it has been three years since the last time we spent Thanksgiving in Utah with family. Taking time off away from the routine for me and the office for Daniel was a bonus! Leaving the area is a big deal and always needs to be cleared by the Area President. Elder De Hoyos was so sweet to let us go and for that I am grateful. 

I had a wonderful time other than getting asthma. My asthma is usually triggered by a cold or when I am anxious and both happened while I was away. I had no voice and could not talk so I got a prescription of prednisone and today I am feeling so much better. Mandy was feeling a little under the weather too and when she got better she wrote the following: “I’m very grateful for being in good health. Sometimes it’s good for me to get sick every once in a while because when I’m feeling better, I truly appreciate my health and sing and dance and play in the snow! After a while of being healthy I know I will forget what it was like to be sick and take it for granted again, but today, I am grateful.” Mandy took the words out of my mouth because that is exactly how I feel. 

I also want to quote President Nelson when he wrote on Thanksgiving this message: "In the United States, today is Thanksgiving—a day during which we reflect on the blessings with which God has blessed us. However, no matter where you are in the world and no matter what day of the year it is, we can express gratitude for the blessings we receive.
I wake up every morning eager for the adventures of the day. And I hope you feel that same exuberance for the gift of life. Though our world is filled with serious challenges, I am optimistic about the future and confident about the fundamental goodness of humankind.

Remember, each new morning is a gift from God. Even the air we breathe is a loving loan from Him. He preserves us from day to day and supports us from one moment to another. Therefore, our first noble deed of the morning should be a humble prayer of gratitude.

How much better it would be if all could be more aware of God’s providence and love and express that gratitude to Him. Our degree of gratitude is a measure of our love for Him."


Con amor,
Vero 

No comments: