Saturday, January 2, 2021

Counting blessings



“Counting your blessings is far better than recounting your problems.” Russell M. Nelson. Here are a few:

*We traveled to Utah in January. My favorite place with the best snow on earth!

*Cristi and family surprised us while we were visiting Utah. 

*We celebrated Daniel’s birthday with family at his favorite restaurant

*Daniel took me to see little women. He and two others were the only men

*Celebrated with family my mom turning 80 in February before the pandemic 

*Seeing Daniel’s nephew in Church the Sunday before everything was closed  

*Daniel was privileged to be able to work from home

*Mother’s Day on lockdown was the best! 

*Over 5,000 missionaries from our area returned safely home 

*Love having Church and taking the sacrament at home 

*I give thanks that a big truck didn’t run over my grandson in his electric scooter

*I am better prepared with food storage

*I can live without make up, a manicure or pedicure 

*Love Daniel’s “home office” and his casual “office attire” 

*Proud of our grandson Nixon who read a scripture and shared his feelings 

*Calling my mom each day knowing that she is always home  

*Grateful for my own elliptical machine 

*All our 28 paintings we brought are hanging on our walls 

*Abuela Nela entered her 9th decade of life with the sharpest mind 

*Finished the ABC book for Walter 

*Hogle Zoo Birthdays parties with Mandy are the best 

*Finished Daniel’s Father’s Day gift 

*Documentation for our complicated Taxes were finished just in time

*Becoming more intentional reading the scriptures

*My sister and her husband recovered from  COVID-19 

*My mom and nephew tested negative 

*Finding time to practice piano 

*Teaching myself to water color

*Learning to knit 

*Meditation and yoga is now part of my morning routine

*In heaven playing with my grandbabies  

*Finding nice people renting our homes 

*Listened to several audiobooks with my mom

*Finding new seats on Business without having to pay any penalties to the airline

*Bianca and Joseph went to Texas to witness Lyric’s birth

*Attended the wonderful come follow me zooms with tio Franklin 

* Happy to see the plans and lot for Pablo and Sydneys's beautiful dream home

*Arrived in Omaha just in time for Daniel to offer Spencer a priesthood blessing

* Spencer's health was miraculously restored. 

*Finding the necessary funds to help -out people in need*I am married to a kind, amazing man who magnifies his priesthood 

*I am grateful the world slowed down and connected more with family.  

*Fed the animals at the zoo

*Went to “this is the place” and practically had the place to ourselves 

*Cristi sold her home in less than ten days and I helped her move

*Watched General Conference with Cristi and family 

*Attended Owen and Nixon's soccer games 

* Delighted to watch Nixon’s team score!

*Babysat grandchildren while Bianca took Lyric to her doctor appointment 

*Gave book that I wrote to Sariah for her 19th birthday

*Daniel blessed our new apartment 

*Daniel gave blessings to our children 

*First time ever celebrating Halloween with Bianca and family was priceless 

*Nice to find people who could deliver food to our home

*Grateful I got in and out of New York without any delays

*The anniversary video Joseph made for Bianca made me smile

*Grateful for apartment 1705 that we used while waiting for my visa

*Thankful to know that tía Norma is doing fine after my uncle passed

*I learned I can experience and do hard things

*Grateful to be able to take the sacrament at home

*I loved studying the gospel of Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon along with dear family and friends.

*Grateful to have our first granddaughter graduate from High School 

* It was magical and treasured to see Nixon and Graeme getting a new family dog

*Thankful to the Alliauds who brought us the calendars and Christmas cards

*Grateful to hear one of our children receiving big raises at work. 

*Thankful to the immigration officers who allowed me back in Buenos Aires

*Felt hopeful as President Nelson offered a prayer for the whole world 

*I am thankful for my hair dresser who sold me the stuff I need color my hair

*Thankful to have witnessed the groundbreaking of the Mendoza temple

*My generous husband gifted his binoculars the night a big star appeared

*Witnessed via zoom baby Lyric being blessed 

*Watched Bianca sing Silent Night at Church via zoom 

* Looking at photos with big smiles at Alex's and Gaby's wedding 

*Received our rental permit for unit 1309 

*Daniel killed it grilling the best beef ever for New Years!

*we are healthy and did not get the corona virus 

*We have come this far as 2020 pandemic survivors 

* I learned to be flexible and to adapt to new things

*We all learned what is most important! People!  


Con amor,

Vero


 

No comments: