Saturday, January 9, 2021

Only the very good die young


 


Elder Smith lived a beautiful life! It is always sobering when a young missionary dies while serving the Lord. Many of my family members have gone on missions knowing that accidents are always a possibility. May peace and comfort be with the Smiths family because that is what the Savior promised. The gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ is an assurance that Elder Smith is alive and well in the presence of heavenly beings. 

 

Adam Bitter, from his mission commented the following: Last night after fulfilling his duties as my district leader and completing a baptismal interview for me and my companion. Elder Smith pulled me and my companion aside and said he felt prompted to share his testimony. 

 

He shared with us his witness of the Lords work, and his atonement and how we can change in this life to become like him, encouraging us to keep up our work. After he looked us straight in the eye and said, "Never forget that". He was fulling his duty as a missionary, testifying of Christ to others.

 

The next 30 minutes would change my district and my mission forever!

As on their drive back home, fulfilling both of his duties, I know God said his work here is done. I need him in my home now.

 

I will forever remember his example of remembering his purpose and duty to the end.

I am grateful in the knowledge that there's life after, we can find joy and hope that he was simply just called to be a missionary on the other side. See you soon, Elder Smith!

 

What an incredible young man! Jake is the kind of person that would give a person the shirt off his back…there is no thought for himself. Said his Stake President, Bryan D. Atwood. Thank you, Elder Jake Smith for sharing your testimony and to all the missionaries who are serving the Lord. Blessings to you for all your efforts. We love you and pray for you. 

 

Con amor,

Vero  

No comments: