Wednesday, January 20, 2021

For the Record

 People have been posting the following of our current situation:

 

*Gas is currently $2.42 per gallon.

*Interest rates are 2.75 % for a 30 -year mortgage.

*Homes have appreciated producing a robust strong housing market.

*The stock market closed 30829.40 though we have been fighting COVID for 11 months.

*The GOP growth for the 3rd quarter was 33.1%

*Unprecedented economic boom until COVID and it is recovering well. 

*No wars for the past four years and our troops came home.

*ISIS has not been heard from for over three years.

*7 million new jobs were created. 

*Middle class family income increased nearly $6,000 

*Unemployment rate reached 3.5 % pre-COVOD the lowest in fifty years & sits at 6.7 % 

*Unprecedented peace deals were signed by four countries in the Middle East. 

*North Korea is under control and has not been testing any missiles.

 


The new administration Biden/Harris is now on the clock. Let’s see how the next four -year’s fair. I am not a fan of Biden nor Trump. In all fairness, I should disclose that for the past two elections I have not experienced a clear inclination for one candidate or another.  I have cared less who won or lost. I have serious disagreements with many of the policy directions of both parties. I am a middle of the road and that is a lonely place to be. 


I do however, give each President the benefit of the doubt and pray for their well -being regardless of what party they belong. Based on Bidens inaugural address alone, I am optimistic at the promise of unity, tolerance, and collaboration. I welcome the tone. One good thing of having a liberal President is that the media will treat this new president with courtesy and respect.  May we all find a way to live and work together in harmony. That is my prayer for this day. 


Con amor, 


Vero

 


No comments: