Friday, April 11, 2014

Let me give you a hand

As I am typing, I am waring a brace. I am suffering from what it's called Carpal Tunnel Syndome. Is a condition that develops slowly. At first you are to most likely notice it at night or when you first wake up in the morning.

 I remember when I went to see the doctor and got a test done years ago and sure enough it was carpal tunnel from using my hands gluing folders for the print shop all those years. It has never affected me all too much until this past week. It has been terrible.

 The feeling I get at night is like pins-and-needles pocking at my hand. That sensation causes a lot of pain. It feels as if my hands are on fire but have fallen asleep at the same time and hurting. Not only that, but the feeling is almost as if my hands are on fire too. They hurt!

 During the day it begins to go away with a tingling sensation when holding things like a phone or a book or when I botton my shirt or when driving. My hands go numb so I get them in ice water, get them massaged and shake them because that always seems to help but if it persists, I take an advil, and how I hate taking drugs. I will probably have to get surgery, the only problem is that it only works for a few years because it tends to come back even worse.

 Moral of the story, I wish I had known back then what I know now. I would not have touched a single folder to glue. That is one thing I regret doing since I wasn't appreciated anyway and in the end it didn't matter working my finger to the bone. At times I want to cry. It hurts! 

No comments: