Friday, April 18, 2014

Running a marathon from a distance

I have decided to not worry about placing pictures on this blog because this is my journal and I have another blog where I am posting pictures. Why have two blogs one may ask? Because a journal where you write your inner thoughts is not the same as a picture album.


Tomorrow I was going to be running the half marathon in Salt Lake. I always look for any opportunity to train for it because I feel so healthy when I train for one. I got registered six months ago, purchased plane tickets, had a place to stay and was happy to know that the marathon was going to be held on a holiday weekend, Easter to be exact!




I love running a half because I am not in great shape and I get to finish it about the same time that some people are finishing their whole marathon so I don't feel like a dork running it. (That's my little secret) In other words, I am not fast and need more time.




I was going to spend the week of Easter in Utah and stay for Hernan's graduation from BYU the next week and even stay an extra week for Women's Conference. A three week vacation. Well, it didn't happen. I turns out that today and tomorrow there is a Mission Presidents seminar that we are involved with and it used to be that only the Presidents came but now, they also invite their wife. I thought about what to do and prayed to know if I should still go or changed my plans to stay and extra week leave with Daniel next week.




It is probably a no brainer, I had the impression that I should stay in the DR with my husband instead of running. I will continue to train as if I was running it but is not the same. I don't feel as motivated and even a little depressed. I hate it when I feel that I have to do something and that I have to be somewhere when I wish I didn't so feeling like this, I have to repent. I have to feel happy that I have the amazing opportunity to go to the temple tonight and to be trained spiritually which it's even better than just training your body. My prayer today is to not think about the race too much and just enjoy the moment at the seminar, to feel fine and to be happy.



No comments: