Sunday, April 13, 2014

To be spiritually fed

I love this time of the year every six months when we get to hear the most inspired talks by the Lord's true desciples at General Conference. I took a few notes from many of the talks and plan to listen to them every day as I start my day since it is hard to remember it all. I wrote on my notes a quote I liked by elder Uchtdorf: "How much of life do we miss by wating to see the rainbow before thanking God that there is rain." I feel that there is so much to be thankful for and I am so thankful for General Conference.

 G.C. It's what gas is to a car or a battery is to a cell phone. It charges me up to go on for another six months. It brings me hope for these latter days. All of the talks were excellent and full of wisdom I can't say I love one more than another because they were all wonderful.

 Bishop Gary Stevenson spoke of your 4 minutes making the anology of our time on earth like the time an athete competes in the Olympic games.

 Elder Scott said:" Every child of God in mortality chose the Savior's plan. Trust that given the opportunity, they will do so again.

" Sister Stevens said: "The gospel is not weight, it is wings to carry us."

" Elder Bednar said: ' We are not, and never need be, alone.

" Sister Burton express this thought: " HELP WANTED! Light and truth, serve as a mentor, listen to promptings, live the gospel daily, do family history, become a misonary , rescuers, covenant keepers, true disciples stepforward in righteousness"and so on and so forth.

  However, this one touched my heart as I listend to Sister Reeves said: " The only thing that need to be accoplished in the home are: Daily prayer, scripture study, and family home evening." and how true this is!  I believe that if I had listen to the counsel given to me and my future husband at the time by my Stake President, Bian Swinton in 1981 perhaps we would have not gotten a divorce. We started fine but with time ended up not praying together at night. We hardly ever read the scriptures and we were not consistent holding family home evening. As simple as those things are, they do keep you on the right track.

I am fine now with a husband that enjoys reading the scriptures and praying together with me. Not having children our Family Home Evenings are a daily thing not just on Mondays. If there is anything I wish every young family knew is to always remember to do these basic three things.

No comments: