Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Trip to Mexico February 6 to the 17th

What an amazing surprise for my mom's 75th birthday! I decided to book a flight down to see my mom who is visiting Vanessa in Mexico.  I was missing her so much so I just decided to surprise her. It was great!  She had no idea. I left on Friday Feb. 6 to Mexico, got there to wait for Vane and Ale to pick me up. They also brought their dog Rocco so he would get used to me and not bark so much. He is a Chihuahua. Later that night Alejandro had to go back to work and the poor guy had to work all night. The next morning we went to Mateo's parent-infant class. It reminded me when I used to take Cristi to all those cute classes from Reid school and the YWCA she even got to learn swam at six months and learn to read at age one, not really but that was the idea. We went to eat breakfast at a restaurant near by and then to buy a few things for the week before Ale had to leave town. Mateo had been invited to a birthday party that afternoon too. Piñatas in Mexico are so fun.


Sunday I took my mom to Church. It was the first time she had attended while in Mexico and I know this made her feel so good. We went to Relief Society to one of the wards first and then to the next one that started at 11:30 am perfect for my mom. The two wards are led by two sons of General Authorities, Bishop Zivic and Bishop Falabela. The meeting only had two speakers, a returned missionary and Bishop Falabela. The returned missionary was from Honduras, elder Sanchez who talked about his mission in Hermosillo.
 He talked to the youth about what He wished he had known before he went on his mission.
He said: Read the Book of Mormon. Know it well. You can't pretend you have read it if  you haven't.
Study Preach my Gospel, that is what you will use when you teach.
Be independently spiritual. You can't borrow someone's light.
Be prepared physically because you have to walk a lot and carry your things.
Be prepared economically, missions are expensive.
Live the teachings of strength for the youth because if you don't you can't be a missionary anyway.
Go out with real missionaries to see for yourself what is it all about.


Bishop Falabela was amazing too. He told of a story from elder Urdoft talk of "are we sleeping during the restoration? " Things that make us sleep during the restoration are:
To be selfish what's in it for me?  attitude. Mattew 25
Addictions
Sins: Two types of sinners, those who want to repent and those who don't. Those who don't want to repent can't be helped.
Priorities in conflict with each other: Which things are truly important to sacrifice for them.
Monday we had the visit of Nelson and Lorena Zivic and their 3 year old daughter. Very cute family. After they left I interviewed my mom and she told us what she remembered of each birth from us.  Tuesday we went down town to Soumaya mouseum of Carlos Slim and another Museum that wasn't too great and to Costco. On Wednesday I had a massage and it was wonderful. My mom wanted to treat me and Vanessa to that. Thursday we went to the Pewter factory and also Claudia and her boyfriend came to see us. He is from El Salvador who went to school with Vane and met via facebook. He seems very nice. Friday I went with Vane to the mall to buy stuff at Zara's and see if I could get something for my mom. Saturday we went to Guanajuato. The town was very lively at night and so festive due to Valentines, we went to a nice restaurant but poor Mateo was very tired the poor thing and was crying a lot. That night I gave my mom her scrapbook album I made and the card with a note saying that I would buy her place ticket to Idaho and back to Mexico. On Monday and last day in Mexico my mom and I went to the mall. I wanted to exchange what I had purchased and exchange it for a gift for Mateo and perhaps some other things at the men's store that had everything 70% off. They supposed to have given us an extra 10% off but didn't do it and had some lame excuse why they couldn't. My mom got Daniel a pair of Jeans and I got him a few things like a belt, socks, etc. enough to spend the money I got at H&M. Went back to the apartment and started to pack. I don't know how I got everything packed away but I did with the exception of two pairs of shoes that I told my mom to take to El Salvador when she goes.


On Tuesday I got ready early to get to the airport and was told to show an immigration paper I was given when I came in. I had no idea I had to do that so I panicked. Looked in my very packed bag and couldn't find it so they asked me to go get my plane ticket and then go to the immigration office to get a new one, this meant paying a fine, of course and I had no money left.  I was so mad because I had to carry all those bags looking for the immigration office and when I got there I opened the door and was told I couldn't go in, I had to wait my turn outside for almost a half hour because someone else was there waiting before me. I decided to look again in my bag to see if I find that paper and I did. I felt so relieved and so happy. I almost thought I would miss the flight.  I quickly left that very unfriendly office and got checked in. Finally sitting in the waiting area, I could once again relax! I was on my way home! Yay!!

No comments: