Thursday, January 26, 2017

Meeting my neighbor

Today I went to an Italian cooking class with a wonderful chef. She is an Italian lady who cooks for special occasion. She only does it if the pay is good, she explained! No cooking for free because her time is very valuable. $50 an hour. She buys the ingredients, comes to your home to cook and when she is done, You pay her time plus whatever she spent on groceries. Not a bad idea if you need something amazing like what she cooks. She makes her own everything including the cheese.

What was interesting of this day is that when I got home. I forgot my key so as I sat down on our bench in from of our apartment figuring out how to open the door with a credit card like you see in the movies, etc. but to no avail I decided to walked around the other side o the fourth floor to find the door wide open. My neighbor had her friends visiting so I said hello and introduce myself. She was super friendly and invited me to come in. I learned that she is from Napal and so where her other three friends. She is a empty nester like me. Has two children a boy and a girl all grown up. Her husband walks to work. They have lived in the Philippines for 16 years.

I asked her if she had received our Christmas gift before we left to go on vacation since I took it over to the guards to give to her. She told me that she had but didn't know where it came from.  I asked her to write her name on a piece of paper and she even wrote her cell number. Amazing what came of being locked out of my home. Now I know who my neighbor is.

No comments: