Monday, January 30, 2017

Miss Universe goes to....

Miss Universe host country for this year was the Philippines so they had the final part aired this morning so it would be in the U.S. Sunday night.  I remember that ever since I was a little girl growing up in El Salvador my mom, dad and sisters always watched this pageant. It was good entertainment. Not too many watch it anymore. 

I'm always intrigued of who ends up winning the crown because when it comes to the last six contestants, beauty is no longer an issue. Any of those girls could be the one, but it's all now up to how they answer the questions. 

I acted as if I was a judge and sure enough the best answers were given by both miss France and miss Haiti; it was a tie, but Haiti was a bit too short. I probably would have chosen Haiti because they might never get another chance. I also cried when she told her story from the earthquake so I am a little bias since I live in the Dominican Republic and new so many Haitians. I love the people of Haiti who I met there. Nevertheless, the girl from France was exceptionally articualte and seemed so sweet and tender. 

What was interesting was to see Steve Harvey still as the MC because he messed up big last time. This time he made sure he got it right! 

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: