Friday, January 13, 2017

Our first dinner of the year

Today I invited the Area Presidency to have dinner with us. Daniel made his wonderful feijoada and rice and I made some mango lemonade. The rest of the couples are each bringing a fruit plate, toss salad and dessert. The meal was exquisite but the company couldn't be better. We caught and joked and had the most wonderful time. Today I realized how much I love entertaining and having people over. How much I love socializing and getting to know people.

They each had story after story to tell and three hours later it was time to go home. They really enjoyed the company so I plan to this more often this year. I plan to have people over simply because it's so much fun and this is a good way to get to have friends. I think it was Elder Clarke who said: a friend is someone you had over for dinner at your house and that is very true. Those who you have taken to time to invite to your home are usually the people you care about.

Con amor,
vero

No comments: